There are a variety of ways to heat your home, and most of them use combustible fuels to generate heat. The danger with this is if you are burning fuels indoors and the fuel is incompletely combusted. In such a situation, you’re at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is color and odorless, and it could kill you in as little as 5 minutes if there is a high enough concentration. The problem is that CO poisoning symptoms could be mistaken for other health issues, and because of this, the source of the gas is not dealt with.

Whenever there is any type of fuel burnt indoors, venting the exhaust outside is of utmost importance. If you do have a potential source of CO gas in your home, you should also make sure that you have CO detectors installed to monitor the gas. That way you can be warned before it becomes a danger to your health.